Step By Step: CR1 or IR1 Spouse Visa
Below is how we work together::
1. I know all the questions USCIS have and all the questions the Department of State AND the Consulate have. I combined them into two proprietary questionnaires, one for you and one for your Spouse. I send these to you, to provide me with all the needed details about your backgrounds. I ask the questions early, so that we know EXACTLY where you stand, and that you are eligible for the whole Spouse Visa Process.
2. You and your Spouse complete the background questionnaires and return them to me
3. I closely audit your answers, looking for inconsistencies, gaps, mistakes, illogic, anything that “doesn’t look right”. Immigration doesn’t need much to become suspicious, so it is critically important that the information provided does not accidentally trigger alarm bells.
4. I work together with you and your Spouse until the questions asked by immigration have been answered fully, logically, and are consistent.
5. I use your information to prepare all the immigration forms that are needed.
6. I create for you a personal, Online Portal at VisaCoach.com. This is where you can view the Drafts of documents that I have prepared which are ready for your signatures, as well as personalized checklists, and instructions all personalized to your case.
Click here to view a Sample VisaCoach Online Portal
7. At your HomePage, based upon my detailed review of your background details, I post for you a custom personalized check list of things to do, photos, civil documents, and various ways (that I have encountered over 40 years) to demonstrate the bona fides of your relationship. The check list is extensive. Not all items can be obtained by all couples. I categorize the list into three color coded priority levels. REQUIRED, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, and RECOMMENDED.
8. Going through the personalized checklist I prepared for you, you should collect a stack of evidences, photos, correspondences, signed documents, civil documents needed for your petition. I call this your SHOEBOX. As soon as the shoebox is full, mail or courier it to me to work on.
9. Once I get your shoebox I block off most of a day from my calendar, so I can quietly spread out, and examine each piece. I confirm all required civil documents and signed forms are present and legible, then check the items that demonstrate the “bona fides” of your relationship.
My plan is to “tell your story”, that of a genuine, bona fide couple, who deserves to be speedily brought to the USA. I pick and choose those evidences that are the most persuasive and positive, and put aside those that do not help. I devote much time with your photos. A picture IS worth a thousand words. The minimum use of your photos is to prove a face to face meeting occurred. But the photos CAN do so much more. A few well chosen photos can create a solid impression of a bona fide, genuine relationship. My objective is to choose the RIGHT ones to help your case.
10. At the start I also sent a third questionnaire prompting with questions that ask you to describe the “history of your courtship and marriage”. I use the answers to compose a compelling personal letter, addressed to immigration, to add a “human face” on to your petition. This should convince the most skeptical Consular Officer yours is a genuine relationship and merits prompt approval, and his “help” to swiftly approve and allow you to continue your lives together in the USA.
Should there be any “out of the norm issues” or so called “red flags” with your history that might if misunderstood hurt your chances, we would explain the situation in the letter, in order to “neutralize” their negative affect
11. I assemble all of your documents and evidences into an attractive, bound, tabbed, complete and compelling petition. Just like USCIS likes it. To see what one of my 100 to 150 page, Front Loaded applications look like
Click here to view a sample VisaCoach Presentation
Then, I RUSH the petition to you via USPS priority mail. I also provide a complete digital copy for your records.
12. The petition you receive has about half a dozen (yellow flags), clearly showing where you should sign and date. I also fill in a facsimile of what the check made out should look like, and clearly show you the address where you mail your petition and check.
13. I update your VisaCoach Online Portal with the NEXT STEPS, on what you and your Spouse should do while waiting on the USCIS’s review. I provide detailed instructions on obtaining Police reports, and vaccinations as well as a comprehensive list of practice interview questions.
14. Once USCIS has completed their review, your case is forwarded (by USCIS) to the State Department’s National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire. NVC now has implemented a cumbersome and complicated system for paying fees, submitting forms, and civil documents. It is at this stage that your financial evidences are submitted. I provide clear instructions and support through this process.
15. Once NVC is satisfied that all of your required documents are acceptable, they contact the overseas consulate responsible for the interview, and schedule an interview time and date. I update your VisaCoach Online Portal, with detailed checklists of what must be brought to the consulate on the day of the interview, and instructions on obtaining chest x-ray, blood tests and physicals at the embassy designated Panel Physician, and final tips on preparing for the interview
16. Once Interview has been held and the visa has been approved. I update you on procedures to enter the USA, pay immigrant fees, and obtain the Green Card as proof of lawful permanent residency for your spouse.
By Fred Wahl
the Visa Coach