Philippines, How to Bring Your fiance to USA

How To Bring your Filipina Fiancee to the USA?

I am intimately familiar with the Philippines. I have traveled all over the country from Laoag in the North to Zamboanga in the south. The first ever K1 fiance visa petition I prepared was for my Filipina fiancee. Since then I have prepared many hundreds of petitions for the consulate in Manila. And I am proud to say that each and every couple I helped got their visa.

Your Filipina Fiancee needs permission from the US government to allow her to enter the USA. This is called a K1 Fiancee visa.


Fiance visa applications are held only briefly at NVC, just long enough for NVC just long enough for NVC to assign a Manila case number and forward your file via diplomatic pouch to the Philippines.

Once the petition has arrived in the Philippines, your fiance pays the visa application fee at a branch of the Bank of The Philippine Islands, then goes online to schedule the interview.

There are two US consulate service locations in the Philippines, in Manila and Cebu City. The Consulate in Manila handles all Fiance visa interviews. So even if your partner lives across the street from the consulate in Cebu, she or he will still have to make the trip to Manila for processing.

About a week before the interview date your Fiance undergoes a two day medical exam at St. Lukes Medical Center in Manila.

Finally your Fiance attends the visa interview at the Embassy, to demonstrate she or he is of good moral character and the engagement is Bona fide.

Two weeks later a courier delivers the visa, and as soon as she or he attends a two hour mandatory class by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas your partner can join you in the USA.

I petitioned successfully for MY wife, (AND my Filipina Fiancee) too.

By Fred Wahl
the Visa Coach