For Free Consultation
1-800-806-3210 x

I do the work. YOU get the gal (or guy)!    Click to CALL  or EMAIL for Free Consultation
Adjustment of Status from K1 Visa

Adjustment of status from K1 visa starts after your Fiancee enters the US and marries you. Then in order for her to remain in the US she must apply for Adjustment of Status to obtain her greencard.

USCIS MUST be notified in order to change the Fiancee's status from that of a foreigner visiting the U.S. for 90 days, to that of a foreigner now married to a U.S. citizen entitled to remain in the U.S. indefinitely as a Permanent Resident.

As soon as possible after Marriage, the Adjustment of Status application should be completed and submitted to USCIS.

When this is approved, her status is officially changed to that of a Conditional Resident. She is given a drivers licence sized id card confirming her permission to remain in the U.S. . This is traditionally called the "Green Card".

Who I am + How I help couples get fiance or Spouse Visas

For help to complete your Adjustment of Status application Click Order.

Cost is only $595.If you order both K1 Visa Support and Adjustment of Status services at the same time, you save $200.

Steps to obtain the Green Card

A. Marry early (first 45 days) within the first 90 days of her arrival to the USA. Obtain your Marriage Certificate.

B. Once married, start working on a paper trail of documents that help you demonstrate a genuine marriage, and cohabitation.

C. Open Joint accounts for Banking. Such as Checking, savings, credit cards. Make sure monthly statements show both names and your current home address

D. Add her name to utility bills, such as phone, gas, electric, water, sewer

E. Add her name to your lease if you rent

F. Get her a drivers license, showing your current home address

G. Take photos of the two of you together at the wedding, in front of your new home, and the sites you visit on your honeymoon and daily life.

Required after Marriage is a well prepared, well assembled Adjustment of Status 'Green Card' application. You still need to provide iron clad, compelling evidence of a 'bone fide', 'genuine' relationship. In addition to proving the genuine relationship, you must ALSO prove 'beyond the shadow of a doubt' that the two of you are living together, and have bound your lives together.

Below is a relevant article from the New York Times detailing problems some couples have when applying for Green Cards.

NY Times Article on Applying for Adjustment of Status

By Fred Wahl

Questions? call 1-800-806-3210 ext , or Tel/Fax 1-213-341-0808, Open 7 Days a Week
Visa Coach, Suite 408, 3525 Del Mar Heights Road, San Diego, CA 92130

Immigration News

Undocumented UC Students May Find Paths to Citizenship With New Legal Aid ......

Jefferson Public Radio

Undocumented UC Students May Find Paths to Citizenship With New Legal Aid ...
Jefferson Public Radio
?There would be a way for me to get an adjustment of status, which means I can probably, if things work out, get residency in the next few years.? This is a huge deal. Most undocumented immigrants in the U.S. don't have a pathway to permanent ...

Lawmakers eye crackdowns on 'sanctuary cities' - Politico


Lawmakers eye crackdowns on 'sanctuary cities'
But we also need to do guest worker stuff, we need to do the mechanism for adjustment of status. There's a lot of things we need to do.? Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley is rolling out legislation targeting sanctuary cities which ...

and more »

Physician Immigration for Experts -

Physician Immigration for Experts
Her areas of expertise include H-1B and L-1 nonimmigrant petitions; PERM labor certification applications, I-140 immigrant petitions, national interest waiver petitions, and I-485 adjustment of status applications. Jennifer also advises and represents ...

The SCOTUS ruling and immigration law - Amsterdam News

The SCOTUS ruling and immigration law
Amsterdam News
This paved the way for USCIS to start accepting and processing same-sex applications for spouse-based visas, fiance visas or derivative status on a spouse's citizenship status as they would for an opposite-sex marriage. That is, any ... The eligibility ...

and more »

Louisiana court scene of immigration battle - Tulsa World

Tulsa World

Louisiana court scene of immigration battle
Tulsa World
The 245(i) certification, according to the Immigration Service, allows certain persons, who have an immigrant visa immediately available, but entered without inspection or otherwise violated their status and thus are ineligible to apply for adjustment ...

and more »

Department of State Releases August 2015 Visa Bulletin - The National Law Review

The National Law Review

Department of State Releases August 2015 Visa Bulletin
The National Law Review
The Visa Bulletin sets out per-country priority date cutoffs that regulate the flow of adjustment of status (AOS) and consular immigrant visa applications. Foreign nationals may file applications to adjust their statuses to that of permanent residents ...