How to Fill in i751

How to fill in I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence    


I-751 forms may be obtained directly from USCIS

In the continuing spirit of detecting visa fraud, USCIS did not provide your Spouse with permission to remain a permanent resident of the U.S.. Instead only Conditional Residency (in effect a temporary right to live in USA) was granted. After two years, if the two of you are still a married couple, the assumption is that the relationship really is genuine. So at this point your Spouse’s status can be upgraded from that of Conditional (temporary) resident to a permanent resident.

Both you and your spouse are required to together file a petition, Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence, during the 90-day period immediately before the second anniversary of the date your spouse was granted conditional permanent residence.

Children who were admitted as conditional permanent residents with your spouse may be included in the joint I-751 petition to remove the conditions.

Type or print in black ink.

Answer all questions fully, accurately and legibly..

Write “None” in fields where appropriate.

Write “N/A” in fields where appropriate.

By Fred Wahl