Laos, How to

How to Bring your Fiancee from Laos to the USA


Who I am + How I help couples get fiance or Spouse Visas


Your Laotian Fiancee needs permission from the US government to allow her to enter the USA. This is called a K1 Fiancee visa.


Fiance visa applications are held only briefly at NVC, just long enough for NVC just long enough for NVC to assign a Vientiane case number and forward your file via diplomatic pouch to Laos.

Once her petition arrives in Laos, the consulate will contact your fiancee advising when they have scheduled her interview.

Two weeks before her interview date she undergoes a medical exam at one of the two approved Medical clinics either in Vientiane or Udorn, Thailand.

Finally she attends the visa interview at the consulate in Vientiane, to demonstrate she is of good moral character and the engagement is Bona fide.

A week later a courier delivers her visa, and then she can join you in the USA.


By Fred Wahl
Your Personal Immigration Guide