Embassy Name & Address
U.S. Consulate General
Hong Kong and Macau
26 Garden Road
Phone: (852) 2523-9011
Fax: (852) 2845-1598
Obtaining Certificate of No-Criminal Conviction (CNCC)
The issuanceof a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction is a charged service provided by the Hong Kong Police Force. Both individuals residing in Hong Kong and individuals residing outside of Hong Kong may apply.
Individuals residing in Hong Kong
All applicants should appear in person at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office which is located at 14/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. The office is open from 9am to 5:15pm from Monday to Friday. (Note: The payment window is closed daily between 1-2pm and stops accepting payments at 5pm.) Applicants may elect to make an advance appointment through the Automatic Telephone Appointment System at 2396-5351, no less than one day in advance of the intended appointment. Please note that the "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" or an appropriate reply together with the applicant's police record will be sent directly to the Consulate General and/or immigration office specified on the application.
An applicant should be prepared to present the following items:
his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;
the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);
the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant's name;
the processing fee of HK$185 per person - payment via cash, Octopus cards or checks payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region."
All applicants must consent to have their fingerprints taken. Each applicant must sign an authorization that the fingerprints can be retained by the Hong Kong Police and that details of any criminal conviction recorded in Hong Kong can be disclosed to the U.S. Consulate General.
Individuals residing outside Hong Kong
Applications should be made in writing to:
The Commission of Police (Attn: EO CNCC)
14/F, Arsenal House
Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
An applicant residing outside Hong Kong must submit the following items. Please note that documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, must be accompanied by an official transcript, in Chinese or English, endorsed either by the issuing authority or a certificated translation services body.
1. His/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;
2. The original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);
3. The original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant's name;
4. A full set of the applicant's fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized and official police or law enforcement agency where the applicant currently resides. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state: (i) the full name and rank of the person taking the prints, (ii) the full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop; and (iii) the date and place the prints were taken. Prints that do not clearly show certification will be refused. Fingerprints taken by the applicant him/herself, a legal representative or private/commercial agency are also unacceptable;
5. A bank draft in the amount of HK$185 per person, made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region." The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal check in Hong Kong dollars, which is issued an authorized by any licensed banks in Hong Kong, is also acceptable.
If an applicant is under investigation by the Hong Kong Police or is currently a defendant in criminal proceedings in Hong Kong or is subject to non-payment of fines including traffic offences, his/her application will not be further processed until the matter has been concluded.
The relevant application form, standard personal data form, and fingerprint consent form can be downloaded from the "Downloadable Forms" web page of "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" on Hong Kong Police Force website. Any inquiries may be addressed to Certificate of No Criminal Conviction office, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +852-2860-6557 (for local residents); +852-2860-6558 (for overseas applicants), fax: +852-2200-4321. Please refer to www.police.gov.hk for further information and updates on police certificate from Hong Kong.
Medical Exam Details
She should arrange to have her medical at latest 4 days before her consulate interview. She should bring her Interview Appointment Letter, Passport, 1x Visa Photo, and her vaccination records. The cost is $1,200 HKD. It is recommended she brings her vaccinations up to date while at the clinic. This is required when she applies for her Green card, so by doing it now she will save herself time later.
Dr. Ian H. Nicolson, Tel: 25251251
Drs. Anderson & Partners (Admiralty), Tel: 25298666,28691061
Drs. Anderson & Partners (Mongkok), Tel : 23903398
Drs. Anderson & Partners (Central), Tel: 25238166
Your Fiancee will be given a sealed envelope with the results of the Medical, lab tests, and x-ray. She must NOT open the envelope. She should bring it to the interview.
By Fred Wahl