1 answer

Staff June 8, 2014

The difference between K1 Fiance and CR1 Spouse Visa is whether you want to marry overseas, or not.
Each week I speak to callers who are trying to figure out what could work the best for them, getting married overseas or in the USA, applying for spousal or fiancee visas? This is what I tell them: To bring your lover to the USA you have two real choices, apply for a K1 Fiancee Visa, planning to marry once she arrives, or marry first, then apply for a CR1 Spousal Visa. I say ‘real’ choices because attempting to bring her here on a tourist, work, or student visa is as likely as winning the lottery, its just not going to happen. If you want to save yourself some time reading, this is all you really need to know:

Click for more details


Please login or Register to Submit Answer